eScience Labs Student Portal Accessibility Policy
At eScience Labs, we feel that education is a journey that everyone deserves to embark upon. This belief invigorates our team to create a positive, accessible learning experience for all students. We advocate for equal opportunity to explore, engage, and enrich student lives through education. The eScience Labs team is mindful of the need to proactively accommodate students, and strives to continually update and refine our material to be compatible with the standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) 2004, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
To better meet the needs of students, the eScience Labs product development team has developed a Student Portal Accessibility Policy for the eScience Labs Version 3 Digital Lab Manual. Our goal is to conform with The Americans with Disabilities Act Section 508 standards using the Web Content Accessibility 2.0 Guidelines. In accordance with A, AA and AAA success criteria, you will find eScience Labs Student Portal accessibility goals listed on this page.
- Alternative text is provided for non-text content.
- Captions and/or transcripts are provided for all multimedia assets and videos.
- Alternative content presentations are offered for any item that does not comply with current assistive technologies.
- Color contrast for images and text was designed in a way that to ensures that color is not the only means of conveying information.
- A contrast ratio of 7:1 for normal text and 4.5:1 for large text is used throughout the lab manual content.
- Functionality of the student portal is compatible with assistive technologies that require keyboard navigation and the pages are well-structured.
- Content is developed in a way that has not been correlated with seizures.
- Navigation allows for linear and non-linear paths, and sufficient instructions are available to guide users on how the navigation works.
- The use of descriptive text for links, rather than URL codes, is used throughout the content.
- Text is designed with contrast, separations, bullets, call-out boxes, hierarchies, and organization in mind.
- Student portal content is designed in a predictable way that enables ease of use.
- Correction, error, and other guidance screens have been developed to help users avoid and correct mistakes.
- Content is presented in a self-paced framework to allow students sufficient time to read and use content.
- The student portal site is designed using current web development techniques in order to maximize the possibility of compatibility with future user tools.
- We provide contact information, including phone numbers and email addresses, to ensure a quick response to users with disabilities who need assistance or information about our site.
Responsibility for this Policy
The product and digital development teams work together to ensure that the above policy is implemented to the best of both team’s ability in all courses. For questions regarding accessibility in the eScience Labs student portal content, please contact customer support at www.eScienceLabs.com/support.